- 2,2kg piece brisket
- 1½ cups apple cider
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125ml honey
- 3T soya sauce
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Place the brisket in a roasting pan. Pour over the apple cider and season. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 3 hours. Do not open the foil during this time.
- Remove the brisket from the oven and turn the grill to a low heat.
- Stir the honey and soya sauce together in a small bowl.
- Place the brisket under the preheated grill, turning frequently and basting with the honey sauce mix, 30 minutes.
- Allow the brisket to rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with your favourite sauce or gravy.
(This recipe serves 8 people)