For the cupcakes:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 3T cocoa powder
- 1t bicarbonate of soda
- 4t baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1t vanilla essence
For the chocolate ganache frosting:
- 180ml cream
- 300g dark chocolate
- 25ml Antonella Tiramisu Cream
- 50g butter, cubed
To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Place cupcake wrappers in 24 muffin pan holes.
- Mix the flour, castor sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the boiling water, oil, vinegar and vanilla essence.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then mix to combine.
- Spoon batter into the cupcake wrappers then bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan, and cool before frosting.
To make the chocolate ganache filling:
- Place the cream, chocolate, Tiramisu Liqueur and butter into a heat-proof bowl set over boiling water.
- Gently heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Frost the cupcakes by spreading each cooled cupcake with ganache.
This recipe serves 8-10 people