Last updated on 18 October 2016
For the flapjacks:
- 1 packet Sasko Quick Treats Flapjack Mix
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 550ml milk
- 2 extra-large eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the garnish:
- 250g Mascarpone cheese
- 400g strawberries (washed and halved)
- Handful of fresh mint
- 40 toothpicks
- 125ml honey
- Mix the flapjack batter as per the instructions on the Quick Treats Flapjack Mix packet.
- Pour a little oil into a non-stick frying pan and, once hot, use a teaspoon to pour in small amounts of the batter to form little flapjacks.
- Turn half way through the frying process and fry until golden brown.
- Repeat until the batter is finished (makes approximately 100-120 mini flapjacks.)
- Allow to cool before assembling: spread a little mascarpone onto 2/3 of the total number of flapjacks and layer them in threes with the bottom 2 flapjacks covered in mascarpone and the top one without, then top each stack with half a strawberry and a mint leaf and skewer with a toothpick.
- Just before serving drizzle with honey.
(This recipe makes approximately 30-40 stacks)
Visit sasko.co.za for more recipes