Last updated on 18 October 2016
- 1 packet Sasko Quick Treats Scone Mix
- 90g butter (cubed)
- 140ml milk
- 1 extra-large egg
- Sasko Cake Flour to lightly cover surface
- 30g butter
- 120ml sugar
- 2t cinnamon
- 60ml raisins
To serve you can choose either a glaze (1cup icing sugar and 2T milk) or butter, jam and whipped cream.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and grease a large baking tray.
- Make the scone mixture as per the Quick Treats Scone Mix instructions.
- Gently press the dough out onto a floured surface, dust with flour and roll out to a rectangular shape with a length of about 45cm and a width of about 20cm.
- Melt the butter and mix in the sugar and cinnamon to form a sugary paste.
pread the paste evenly over the dough and sprinkle over the raisins.
- Roll one long end of the rectangle over to form a thin, Swiss roll-shaped log.
- Cut slices of about 2cm in width from the log and place the circles, face down and 5cm apart, onto the greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve either warm with butter, jam and cream or cooled with a little of the drizzle.
(This recipe makes approximately 15 cinnascones)
Visit sasko.co.za for more recipes