If your friends are sports fans, you’ll definitely want to try interior decorator Susie Ord’s (082 788 6188) menu. These eat-on-your-lap dishes can be enjoyed while watching a big game
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 800g zucchini, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ½ cup pouring cream
- sea salt and black pepper
- Parmesan and rosemary biscuits, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan, add the zucchini and garlic and cook over a low-medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly until soft, but not brown. Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Process the mixture and basil in a food processor or blender until smooth, then transfer to a bowl; stir in the cheese and cream and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Allow to cool, then refrigerate until chilled.
3. Serve soup in small bowls or mugs, drizzled with a little olive oil. Serve with the Parmesan and rosemary biscuits.
This recipe serves 8.