If your friends are sports fans, you’ll definitely want to try interior decorator Susie Ord’s (082 788 6188) menu. These eat-on-your-lap dishes can be enjoyed while watching a big game
- 240g plain cake flour
- 180g chilled butter, chopped
- 60g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 7,5ml good quality sea salt,
- such as Maldon
- 7,5ml fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2ml freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk combined with 15ml water
1. Using a food processor, combine the flour, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, rosemary and black pepper together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the egg yolk and water mixture and mix to make a pliable dough. Divide in half and shape into two logs about 20cm long. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place pieces of baking paper onto baking trays. Cut the logs into 5mm thick slices and place 3cm apart on the lined trays.
4. Bake the biscuits for 10–15 minutes or until light golden brown in colour. Allow them to cool on the oven trays before serving.
Cook’s tip: These biscuits are delicious served with a savoury soup.
This recipe makes about 80 biscuits.