Claire and Fiona Ras of Sprigs The Food Shop (sprigs.co.za) present a globally inspired festive menu with an exotic twist
- 1 sourdough baguette
- 2 wedges of cheese, like Rouy, Caprice des Deux, petit grand brie, Port Salut or a chevin log.
For the roasted grapes:
- 125g seedless black grapes
- 30ml Cabernet Sauvignon vinegar
- 30ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
2. To make the roasted grapes: toss the grapes, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper together, transfer to a shallow casserole dish and roast for 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
3. Serve the cheeses at room temperature on a wide breadboard with the roasted grapes and slices of baguette.
This recipe serves 6.