Impress guests over the festive season with this chic dish.
FOR THE WHIPPED GOAT’S CHEESE
200g soft goat’s cheese, at room temperature
30ml olive oil
zest and juice of 1 small lemon, finely grated
80ml walnut pieces, lightly toasted and finely chopped
5ml preserved ginger, drained and finely chopped
30ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
milled black pepper
fresh crusty bread or crostini
crudités such as sugar snap peas and baby vegetables
1. Place the goat’s cheese, cream and olive oil in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric beater until well blended, light and fluffy.
2. Stir the lemon juice, ginger, parsley and black pepper into the cheese mixture, reserving a little lemon zest and chopped walnuts for garnish, then mix well.
3. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavours to develop.
4. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving and mix to a spreadable consistency.
5. To prepare the crudités, slice the vegetables and arrange on a serving plate.
6. Garnish the cheese and serve with fresh crusty bread, or crostini, and the crudités.