If your friends are sports fans, you’ll definitely want to try interior decorator Susie Ord’s (082 788 6188) menu. These eat-on-your-lap dishes can be enjoyed while watching a big game
- 8 deboned chicken thighs, cut into 2cm pieces
- 15ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10ml ground oregano
- 10ml smoked sweet paprika
- 15ml lemon juice
- 30ml brown sugar
- 12–14 bamboo skewers
- 4 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced diagonally
- ciabatta bread rolls or mixed salad leaves, to serve (optional)
1. Combine the chicken, oil, garlic, oregano, paprika, lemon juice and sugar in a non-metallic bowl. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
2. Evenly thread the chicken pieces, alternating with chorizo slices, onto the skewers.
3. Cook the skewers for 6–8 minutes, either in a ridged char-grill pan or under the grill, turning until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve either warm or at room temperature with ciabatta bread rolls or mixed salad leaves, if desired.
Cook’s tip: Soak the bamboo skewers in warm water for 15 minutes before use to prevent the wood from burning during cooking.
This recipe serves 6.