Packed with fresh ingredients, this menu will get you and your guests in the mood for a healthy brunch.
GRANOLA BREAKFAST TARTLETS
FOR THE TARTLETS
100g rolled oats
30g mixed nuts
45ml mixed seeds such as: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
30ml desiccated coconut
45ml coconut oil, melted
3ml mixed spice
FOR THE YOGURT AND BERRY TOPPING
250g plain Greek yoghurt
200g fresh mixed berries or seasonal fresh fruits
5ml ground cinnamon
20ml chia seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Place the rolled oats, nuts, seeds and desiccated coconut in a food processor and blitz until it becomes a crumbed consistency.
3. Stir the melted coconut oil and honey together and add to the crumbed mixture, with the mixed spice. Blend again until well mixed.
4. Grease 4–6 tartlet cases and divide the granola mixture equally among the cases pressing it firmly into even, thin layers.
5. Bake the tartlets for 6–8 minutes, or until just golden.
6. Allow them to cool completely before removing them from the tins.
7. Fill the tartlets with yoghurt and top with fresh berries or seasonal fresh fruits, honey, ground cinnamon and chia seeds.
FOR THE SMOOTHIE
250ml carrot juice
3 oranges, segmented
10ml honey or maple syrup
3ml fresh ginger, finely grated
pinch cayenne pepper, optional
1. Place the carrot juice, orange segments, honey or maple syrup, freshly grated ginger and a pinch of cayenne pepper in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth. Add a handful of ice cubes and blend again.
3. For a thicker smoothie, gradually add and blend more ice cubes, until the desired consistency is reached.
COOK’S NOTE Add a chopped mango for a thicker and more tropical smoothie.
MORE RECIPES: Strawberry tartletts
MORE RECIPES: Berry blaze smoothie recipe