As the busy owner of The Silk and Cotton Company (silkco.co.za), Sally Ives is a fan of recipes that are simple, speedy and scrumptious
- 2 litres high-quality vanilla ice cream
- 200g fresh strawberries, roughly diced
- 80g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 10ml rose water (optional)
- whole strawberries and roughly chopped walnuts, to serve
1. Line a two-litre round glass bowl with clingwrap or lightly grease a two-litre freezer-proof mould.
2. Place the ice cream in the fridge for 20–25 minutes or until it has softened enough to work with. Stir the strawberries, walnuts and rose water into the ice cream and mix well. Pour the ice cream mixture into the mould and freeze until ready to serve.
3. Just before serving, unmould the bombe onto a serving plate and garnish with the extra strawberries and walnuts.
This recipe serves 8 – 10.