Food stylist Lisa Clark knows all the shortcuts when it comes to quick and easy entertaining. Try this crowd-pleasing menu next time you’re having friends over for a relaxed lunch
- 500g beetroot, peeled and diced into bite-size pieces
- 30ml olive oil
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 100g goats’ cheese, roughly broken into pieces
- rocket, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Coat the beetroot well in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place on a baking tray and roast for 20–30 minutes until just tender. Allow to cool slightly.
3. When ready to serve, toss the rocket, goats’ cheese and beetroot together and drizzle with the roasting juices.
Cook’s tip: If you’re pressed for time, use ready roasted beetroot and dress the salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
This recipe serves 4.