Invite a crowd of friends around to enjoy these delicious winter desserts.
- butter, for greasing
- 120ml lemon curd
- 175g butter, softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 15ml orange zest, finely grated
- 5ml lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 15ml orange juice
- 15ml milk
- fresh or dried lemon or orange
- slices (optional)
- custard or cream
- Grease a 1,2-litre heatproof pudding bowl and spoon the lemon curd intothe base.
- Place the butter, sugar, orange and lemon zests in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the flour, orange juice and milk.
- Spoon the mixture over the lemon curd. Cover the pudding with greaseproof paper and foil, overlapping the edges. Secure tightly with string.
- Stand the pudding on an upturned saucer in a deep pan and pour hot water into the pan so that it reaches halfway up the sides of the pudding bowl.
- Steam for 2–2½ hours, topping up with hot water as required.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes before inverting onto a warm serving plate. Decorate with dried lemon or orange slices, if desired.
- Serve at once with custard or cream.