If you love simple, yet flavourful food, serve this classic Italian dish at your next get-together.
250g seasonal fruit salad or mixed berries
5 egg yolks
20ml castor sugar
25ml dry sherry or masala
125ml sweet dessert wine
boudoir sponge fingers or biscotti
1. Divide the fruit into pretty glasses and set aside.
2. Place the egg yolks, castor sugar and cornflour in a heatproof mixing bowl.
3. Whisk, using an electric whisk, until the mixture becomes thick, pale and foamy, about 2–3 minutes. 4. Gradually whisk in the sherry and wine.
5. Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and keep whisking for
6. Pour the warm mixture over the fruit and serve at once with finger biscuits