The delicate orzo pasta grains shine bright in this colourful Orzo pasta salad dish. Orzo is an Italian short-cut pasta in the shape of long grain rice. It can be made with flour, wholegrain and even semolina!
Orzo pasta salad recipe:
- 450 grams orzo pasta
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (reserve 2 tbsp liquid)
- 2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 6–7 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled
- 1 head radicchio, cored and chopped
- 1 cup rocket
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan, to serve
- Pomegranate rubies, to serve
PREPARE the orzo by bringing a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente, and drain.
ONCE the pasta has drained, toss well with the olive oil, vinegar and the tomatoes and liquid.
Mix through the rest of the ingredients.
SERVE the orzo with Parmesan, fresh basil and pomegranate seeds for a crunchy pop of colour and taste.
HANDS-ON TIME 10 min | TOTAL TIME 15–20 min | SERVES 4 | Vegan | Quick & Easy