FOR THE GRILLED LAMB CUTLETS
- 6–8 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 45ml fresh rosemary
- milled black pepper, to taste
- 15ml honey
- 60ml sundried tomato paste
- 60ml pitted black olives, finely chopped
FOR THE PEA PURÉE
- 15ml oil
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 500g frozen peas
- 30ml finely chopped fresh mint
- 60ml cream or crème fraiche
TO SERVE (OPTIONAL)
- oven-roasted cherry tomatoes
- fresh rosemary, for garnish
- lemon wedges
- seasonal salad
- To prepare the lamb cutlets, mix the olive or avocado oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, rosemary and black pepper in a non-metallic container. Add the lamb cutlets and coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the pea purée, heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the spring onions for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the peas and mint and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, or use a hand-held stick blender and purée it until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add the cream or crème fraiche, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate till ready to use.
- When ready to cook the lamb, preheat a griddle pan or have a hot braai standing by. Sear the meat on both sides for 2–3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, sundried tomato paste and olives together and spread the mixture on one side of the chops, and cook, topping side up, for an extra 1–2 minutes, or until done according to your liking.
- Garnish the lamb with rosemary and serve with the minted pea purée, roasted tomatoes and a seasonal salad, if desired.