Good food, great company and a stylish table is what you can expect when Gwyneth Smith of Verve Marketing (031 312 7692) invites you for a meal at her Durban home
- 8 potatoes, unpeeled and cut in half lengthways
- bay leaves, broken in half
- salt and pepper
- butter, melted
- Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut evenly-spaced ½cm slits widthways across each potato – be careful to not cut them all the way through – they are supposed to be whole. Insert the bay leaves into 2 of the slits in each potato.
3. Place the potatoes in an ovenproof dish and season with salt, pepper and the paprika.
4. Brush the potatoes with the melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
5. Roast the potatoes in the oven for 45–60 minutes until cooked (the cooking time will depend on how big the potatoes are). Turn on the grill 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time to crisp them up.
This recipe serves 6–8.