Good food, great company and a stylish table is what you can expect when Gwyneth Smith of Verve Marketing (031 312 7692) invites you for a meal at her Durban home
- 1,5kg beef fillet
- wild rocket and grilled cherry tomatoes, to serve
For the marinade:
- 60ml Dijon mustard
- 60ml wholegrain mustard
- 60ml brown sugar
- 60ml tomato sauce
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 30ml Worcestshire sauce
- 30ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
For the sauce:
- reserved marinade
- 200ml fresh cream
- salt and ground black pepper
1. To make the marinade: combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Place the fillet in a large non-metallic bowl and pour the marinade over the top. Cover with cling wrap and leave in the fridge for 24 hours.
3. To cook the fillet: preheat the oven to 190°C. Drain the marinade from the beef and reserve.
4. Roast the fillet for approximately 30 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove it from the oven and leave to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
5. To make the sauce: reduce the reserved marinade in a saucepan over a gentle heat until it thickens. Stir in the cream and season to taste.
6. Slice the warm fillet, pour over the sauce adding a few wild rocket leaves and grilled cherry tomatoes on the side for garnish.
This recipe serves 6–8.