Make these delicious comfort food dishes using sweet Tru-Cape apples
- 15ml lemon juice
- 250ml white sugar
- 500ml cold water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 apples peeled, cored, sliced into wedges
- Place the apple wedges in cold water with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the apple slices, boil for 2 minutes and then plunge into cold water.
- Place the cooked apple in a sterilized jar with two cinnamon sticks, pour over the hot sugar and seal the jar tightly by placing the jar in a simmering water bath for 15 minutes.