Cool down this summer, and impress your dinner party guests, with this homemade strawberry ice cream
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 1½ cups sugar
- juice of one lemon
- juice of one orange
- 1 cup fresh cream
- strawberries (optional)
- Liquidise the strawberries in a blender and add the sugar, lemon juice and orange juice.
- Whip the cream until thick and gently fold into the fruit and sugar mixture.
- Pour into an old ice cream tub or plastic container and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 6–8 hours, giving it a quick stir every half hour for the first 2–3 hours. In this recipe, stirring isn’t essential but helps the ice cream freeze without icicles.
- Serve the ice cream in individual bowls topped with fresh strawberries.
COOK’S TIP: Place scoops of ice cream in a serving dish in the freezer so it looks pretty and is all ready to serve.
(Makes 1,5 litres)