“I’m having friends over and am in desperate need of a dessert that looks elaborate but is simple to make. I love the idea of these chocolate bowls filled with ice cream,” says art director Hema Nana. Here’s how to make them
What you’ll need
- 1 slab of good chocolate
- Ice cream (I’m using Woolworths Tin Roof ice cream)
- Fresh berriesBalloons (to create the mould)
- A baking tray or large plate
- Baking paper
How to make the chocolate bowls
- Line a baking tray or plate with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Inflate the balloons to the size you need.
- Dip the bottom of the balloon into the chocolate.
- Take a spoonful of melted chocolate and place it on the paper, then position the balloon on top of the dollop of chocolate (this is done to hold the balloon in place).
- Put the tray with the chocolate-coated balloons in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes (or until the chocolate has hardened).
- Remove the tray and pop the balloon. Peel the deflated balloon from the chocolate cup.
- Spoon in the ice cream, add some berries and garnish with mint.
Sounds easy, doesn’t it?