Serve this rose-inspired menu at your next summer soirée. This refreshing strawberry and rose ice cream is one that the whole family will love.
RELATED: HOW TO GROW STRAWBERRIES
Download the free shopping list here
350g fresh or frozen strawberries
5ml pink peppercorns, crushed
1 x 385g tin condensed milk
100g rose-flavoured Turkish Delight
500ml ready-made fresh custard
375ml fresh cream, whipped
Turkish Delight, cut into small blocks
YOU’LL ALSO LOVE: BUTTERNUT AND CINNAMON ICE CREAM
1. Place the strawberries in a small pan with the crushed pink peppercorns and 100g of the condensed milk.
2. Cook over a moderate heat for
7–10 minutes, or until the strawberries
have softened. Allow to cool.
3. Purée the mixture in a food processor with the Turkish delight.
4. Place the mixture in a mixing bowl and fold in the remaining condensed milk, custard and whipped cream.
5. Transfer the mixture to a freezer container, cover and freeze for 2 hours.
For a silkier texture, remove the mixture from the freezer halfway, and using a fork, break up all the ice crystals and return it to the freezer until frozen.
6. Move the ice cream to the fridge for 10–15 minutes before serving.
7. Serve by itself or in cones, with blocks
of Turkish Delight and strawberries.