This summer pasta is light and delicious, ideal for lazy Sunday lunches
- 1 packet bacon
- 1T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large aubergine, chopped into cubes
- 1 tin whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 bunch oregano, chopped
- 1 chilli, deseeded and
- chopped (optional)
- 500g spaghetti
- Parmesan shavings
- rocket leaves
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- Fry the bacon in the olive oil. Once it’s crispy, remove and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pan and fry.
- Add the aubergine, tomatoes and oregano and fry for a few more minutes. Add one chilli if you like it hot.
- Cut the bacon into bite-size pieces, stir it into the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, boil the pasta until al dente.
- Serve the pasta topped with the sauce, Parmesan shavings and fresh herbs.
COOK’S TIP: All the ingredients can also be placed in separate dishes, and except for the fried bacon, served cold, so guests can choose their own toppings.