“When it comes to Asian ingredients, I enjoy the spiciness, freshness and of course the endless combinations,” says Julian Cohen, group food and beverage manager for Thai Africa Restaurants (011 789 1972). Here’s his menu for an exotic oriental feast
- 24 prawns, shelled and deveined, but with the tails attached
- sunflower oil, for frying
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
For the dry batter:
- 360ml cassava or tapioca flour (you could also use equal portions of cornflour and cake flour)
- 80ml chilli powder
- 60ml sea salt
1. Mix the batter ingredients together.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based pot. Dust the prawns in the dry batter and deep-fry until golden (the tails will turn pink).
3. Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately with a sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
This recipe serves 8.
RECIPE: JULIAN COHEN