ClemenGolds are full of flavour and pack plenty of Vitamin C. Add this versatile fruit to your salads, mains or desserts for a fresh, zesty twist
- 100ml olive or avocado oil
- 30ml apple cider vinegar
- 2,5ml freshly grated ClemenGold rind
- 75ml freshly squeezed ClemenGold juice
- 10ml wholegrain mustard
- 5ml honey
- 1 ClemenGold, peeled and segmented
- 5 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the oil and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Add ClemenGold rind and juice with mustard and honey and whisk together until well blended.
- Cut the ClemenGold segments into smaller pieces and stir into the oil mixture.
- Add the rosemary and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- More ways to use this dressing:
- The flavours of this dressing combine well with roasted beetroot and creamy feta or goats’ cheese, served on rocket as a salad or starter. Add drained chickpeas for a light lunch.
- For an alternative salad idea, drizzle the dressing over cucumber ribbons, thinly sliced baby cabbage and more ClemenGold segments.
- Use the dressing as a marinade for chicken, fish fillets or even pork and lamb. The dressing is perfect for roasted butternut and sweet potato.
- Use the dressing as a cook-in-sauce. Place chicken portions with onion and butternut or brinjal in an oven dish. Pour the dressing over and roast at 180°C until cooked. Serve on herby couscous.
- The dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to a week. If made in advance, only add the segments just before serving.
(This recipe makes 250 ml)