Lemony chicken gets an upgrade with a simple, exciting salsa.
- 4 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 750 grams celeriac, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 100 grams pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Handful roughly chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. double-cream yoghurt
- Handful parsley leaves, to serve
- Handful fresh thyme sprigs, to serve
- 1 cup caperberries
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. dried pink peppercorns, roughly crushed
PREHEAT oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
COMBINE chicken, 1 Tbsp. oil, thyme and zest in a large bowl. Let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes.
PEEL long thin ribbons from the celeriac and carrot using a vegetable peeler. Keep the centre core of each vegetable for stocks and soups. Place the ribbons in a large bowl with the garlic, vinegar, pumpkin seeds, chopped parsley and yoghurt. Season and stir to combine.
HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to the prepared baking tray and roast for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
Halve three-quarters of the caperberries, keeping the stems attached. Combine with oil, lemon juice and peppercorns.
To serve Spoon vegetable salad on to a serving platter and serve with chicken and caperberry salsa. Top with extra parsley and thyme, and the rest of the whole caperberries.
HANDS-ON TIME 30 min | TOTAL TIME 55 min | SERVES 4 | Gluten-free | Quick & easy
ALSO SEE OYSTERS WITH CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE