Tired of heavy winter stews, but still want something warm and comforting? This avo dish is perfect for brunch or Sunday night supper
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 avocados
- 200g spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- 200g asparagus
- 200g bacon or pancetta
- 50g parmesan
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1t Dijon mustard
- 2T cider vinegar
- 4T olive oil
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
1. Boil the eggs for six minutes; remove from the water, peel and quarter. Set aside.
2. Sauté the asparagus and set aside.
3. Pan fry the bacon or pancetta until crispy and set aside.
4. Add the spinach leaves to a large salad bowl.
5. Cut the avocados into chunky pieces and add to the spinach leaves.
6. Add the eggs, asparagus, bacon or pancetta and parmesan shavings to the salad.
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
1. Place the Dijon mustard, cider vinegar and olive oil in a screw-top jar, shake well and pour over the salad before serving.
This salad serves 4 to 6 people