Judith and Francis Matthews, owners of Isabelina (082 414 1941), a franchised chain of decor and gift stores, serve up a delicious feast
- 2 ruby grapefruit, peeled
- 2 avocados, peeled
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (optional)
- 100g rocket or mixed salad leaves
- 2 artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- ½ cup pine nuts or raw chopped almonds
- Parmesan shavings, to garnish
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 90ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1T lemon juice
- 20ml honey
- 1t wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Cut the grapefruit into segments and the avocados into thin slices. Steam and drain the asparagus, if using.
2. Mix the dressing ingredients together.
3. Arrange the fruit, cooked asparagus and artichoke hearts on top of the rocket/mixed salad leaves and pour over the dressing. Scatter with the pine nuts and Parmesan shavings.
This recipe serves 8.