Judith and Francis Matthews, owners of Isabelina (082 414 1941), a franchised chain of decor and gift stores, serve up a delicious feast
- 1,8kg free-range beef sirloin
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch fresh spinach or pak choy
- whole chillies, for garnish
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely grated
- 4 thumb-sized pieces fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 chillies, deseeded and finely grated
- juice of 4 limes
- 8T olive oil
1. Rub the sirloin all over with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 180°C until medium rare (about 1 hour 20 minutes) or to your liking.
2. To make the sauce: mix all the ingredients together in a pot and heat until just below boiling point then remove from the heat.
3. Steam the spinach or pak choy.
4. Remove the sirloin from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before carving into slices. Douse with the sauce, garnish with chillies and serve with the steamed greens.
This recipe serves 8.