Judith and Francis Matthews, owners of Isabelina (082 414 1941), a franchised chain of decor and gift stores, serve up a delicious feast
- 1 packet mixed frozen berries
- 1T brown sugar
- 1T port
- 1T balsamic vinegar
- 150ml berry yoghurt
- 250ml crème fraîche
- 1 slab Lindt chilli chocolate
- 8 meringue nests
- fresh mint, to garnish
1. Bring berries to the boil in a pot. Don’t add liquid as they create their own as they defrost. Add the brown sugar, port and balsamic vinegar. Turn down the heat and cook until berries are soft and the liquid has reduced by half; it should be thick and syrupy. Allow to cool.
2. Mix the yoghurt and crème fraîche together until smooth.
3. Melt the chocolate over a low heat.
4. To assemble: scoop the crème fraîche mixture into the meringue nests and top with the berry mixture. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve garnished with mint leaves.
This recipe serves 8.