For a healthy yet scrumptious dessert that you can put together in minutes, this spicy mango parfait is ideal. For other ways to use mangoes, visit mango.co.za
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 3ml ground ginger
- 2ml ground cardamom (optional)
- 500g thick Greek-style plain yoghurt
- 250ml cream, whipped
- 15ml icing sugar, sifted
- 60ml soft brown sugar
- 30g ginger or Amaretti biscuits, crumbled
1. Toss the mango, ginger and cardamom (if using) together in a bowl. Divide some of the mango mixture between 4 serving glasses.
2. In a separate bowl, fold the yoghurt, cream and icing sugar together. Spoon some of this mixture over the mango. Sprinkle a little of the brown sugar over the yoghurt mixture. Continue layering the mango mixture, yoghurt mixture and sugar. Top the last layer with the crumbled biscuits.
3. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe serves 4.
Cook’s note: This dish is delicious as either a breakfast or served as a light dessert.