“Freshness and flavours, both robust and subtle, are the key to making good food that’s sure to tantalise both the eye and the palate,” says caterer and cookery teacher Susie Vincent ([email protected])
- 2 punnets strawberries, washed and stalks removed
- 2 lemons
- 400ml cream
- 1 tin condensed milk
- fresh stawberries and brandy snaps, to serve
1. Whiz the strawberries to a pulp in a food processor. Juice the lemons and add to the strawberries then process further.
2. Tip into a mixing bowl. Add the cream and condensed milk. Mix everything together using a hand whisk.
3. Freeze in an ice cream machine, if you have one, or alternatively just in the freezer overnight.
4. Serve in delicate dessert bowls with the brandy snaps and a few fresh berries.
Cook’s tip: Pour fresh strawberry pulp over the ice cream for extra flavour.
This recipe serves 8.