Food stylist Lisa Clark knows all the shortcuts when it comes to quick and easy entertaining. Try this crowd-pleasing menu next time you’re having friends over for a relaxed lunch
- 1 leg of lamb
- fresh rosemary
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 60ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 10 shallots, halved
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Poke holes in the lamb and stuff them with rosemary and garlic cloves. Place in a roasting pan and cover with the oil. Season well with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast with the lid on for 45 minutes–1 hour (depending on the size of the leg of lamb).
3. Remove the lamb from the oven and add the remaining ingredients, seasoning well. Reduce the oven to 160°C. Roast the lamb for a further 1–1½ hours (depending on the size).
4. Serve the leg of lamb on a platter surrounded by the roasted potatoes and shallots and carve at the table.
This recipe serves 4-6.