Make the most of seasonal fruit by serving this scrumptious menu at your next dinner party
- 500g pork, beef, chicken or
- vegan sausages
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 30ml olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pears, cut into wedges
- 4–6 figs, halved
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 60ml fresh sage or pineapple sage leaves
- 30ml brown sugar
- 15ml honey
- creamed potatoes*
- oven-roasted carrots and seasonal greens
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Arrange the sausages, onions and garlic in a roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sausages from the oven and add the pears and figs. Scatter the thyme, sage and sugar over the top and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 10–15 minutes until the sausages are cooked and the pears and figs are golden.
- Serve with creamed potatoes, oven-roasted carrots and seasonal greens.
*COOK’S TIP: Dress up mashed potatoes for a dinner party by adding some finely grated Parmesan and a little mascarpone cheese.