- 500g assorted vegetables for roasting*
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 30ml olive oil or avocado oil
- salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- 150g chorizo sausage, sliced**
- 1 potato, cooked, peeled and diced
- 10ml basil or red pepper pesto
- 150g Cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 eggs, whisked
- micro salad leaves
- olive oil
- lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Peel the vegetables, if necessary.
- Cut all the vegetables into bite-sized chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat and arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 25–35 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot and fry the chorizo slices for about 1–2 minutes per side.
- Toss the vegetables, chorizo, potato, pesto and cheese together. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Grease an oven-proof frying pan, casserole or round baking tin.
- Place the vegetable mixture in the pan or tin and spread to cover the base.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the top and bake in the oven for 30–40 minutes, or until the centre is just set.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving topped with fresh salad leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and lemon wedges, if desired.
COOK’S NOTE *Red onions, red and yellow peppers, butternut, brinjal, baby marrow, yellow patty pans.
**For a vegetarian option, replace with 150g extra vegetables and some wilted, chopped spinach.