Need a recipe for brunch? Here’s an easy peasy, lemon-squeezy South African flapjack recipe. Serve with your topping of choice: any sweet condiment (syrup, honey or jam) paired with whipped cream and fresh fruit is a personal favourite.
3 cups of cake flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
2 levelled teaspoons of baking powder
2 cups of milk (you can substitute with on-dairy alternatives)
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder)
- Whisk egg, vanilla essence and milk in a separate bowl
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Try pouring and stirring in stages instead of adding it together all at once
- Stir until you have a thick, smooth batter
- Add cooking oil (or melted butter if you prefer) to the batter
- Add oil or butter to your pan, and fry your pancakes!
Take a look at the video by Amanda V.
READ MORE: Breakfast Banana Pancakes