200g seasonal fresh berries, such as strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
50g berry jam
10ml lemon juice
300g quality vanilla ice cream
100g ready-made meringues, roughly crumbled
1. Place half of the mixed berries in a small pan with the jam and lemon juice and bring to the boil, simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Keep the coulis chunky, or blend with a handheld blender, for a smooth, yet slightly chunky texture. Allow to cool.
3. In a chilled glass mixing bowl, add scoops of ice cream, meringues, some of the coulis and some of the remaining fresh berries and gently fold together until lightly combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into freezer-proof jars and serve at once, or freeze until required. If frozen, 15 minutes before serving, transfer the jars to the fridge, to soften slightly.
5. Serve topped with the remaining coulis, berries and a sprig of mint.