Host a stylish Easter brunch with this delicious easy-to-make menu.
2 x 200g salmon trout fillets
15ml olive oil
6 spring onions, finely sliced
1 carrot, finely grated
3ml ground turmeric
2 bay leaves
300g basmati rice
500ml vegetable stock
20–30ml harissa paste, according to taste
45g pistachio nuts,
45g dried cranberries
zest of ½ lemon, finely grated
45ml fresh mint and
salt and milled black pepper
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1. Heat a heavy-based pan until hot and sear the salmon fillets for 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
2. In a pot, heat the olive oil and butter, and gently fry the spring onions and carrot for
3. Add the turmeric, bay leaves and basmati rice and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the vegetable stock, harissa paste, pistachio nuts and cranberries. Cover and simmer for 10–12 minutes, or until the rice is just tender. Turn off the heat.
5. Flake the salmon and add to the pilaf with the lemon zest and mixed herbs. Season to taste and top with the hard-boiled eggs.
6. Cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes then serve with lemon wedges.