This spicy one-bowl dish takes midweek entertaining to a new level.
DOWNLOAD SHOPPING LIST
½ chorizo, thinly sliced
15ml olive oil
1 small red onion, sliced
400g deboned chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
2 baby fennel bulbs,
10ml smoked paprika
15ml ground cumin
125g baby vine tomatoes
300g risoni (rice) pasta,
cooked and drained
2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
salt and milled black pepper, to taste
30ml fennel fronds, chopped
lemon or lime wedges
1. Heat a wide frying pan or paella pan and gently pan fry the chorizo slices for about 1–2 minutes per side. Transfer them to a plate and set aside.
2. Return the pan to the stove and add the olive oil. Increase the heat and fry the onion and chicken for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
3. Add the fennel and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the smoked paprika, cumin and tomatoes and simmer for 3–4 minutes.
5. Add the cooked risoni pasta and spinach and simmer for 4–5 minutes.
6. Add the reserved chorizo and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped fennel fronds.
7. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.