Light and fresh, these Mediterranean-style seafood dishes are big on flavour and easy to make. You’ll find this recipe for Mediterranean mussels in our January issue and download the free shopping list here.
30ml olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 bay leaves
2 stems fresh oregano
125ml dry white wine
1kg mussels in shells, cleaned
1 x 410g tinned chopped tomatoes
100g Kalamata olives
150g feta cheese, cubed
milled black pepper, to taste
30ml fresh basil leaves, torn
lemon wedges and crusty bread or garlic bread
ALSO TRY: HARISSA MUSSELS
1. Heat the oil in a wide pan over a low heat and fry the garlic for 2 minutes.
2. Increase the heat and add the bay leaves, oregano and white wine. Cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
3. Add the mussels and tinned tomatoes and cook, covered, for 3 more minutes.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for another minute. Discard any mussels that haven’t opened.
5. Serve with lemon wedges and crusty or garlic bread.