You can invite guests over any time with these quick and easy dishes
- 20g butter
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 800g–1kg fresh mussels, cleaned and
- beards trimmed
- 60ml dry white wine, optional
- 1 x 410g tin coconut milk
- 1 x 165ml tin coconut cream
- 10ml cornflour, slaked in 30ml cold milk
- 1 each red and green chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 20g fresh coriander, chopped
- fresh crusty bread
- Heat the butter in a large pot and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5–6 minutes, or until softened.
- Increase the heat and stir in the ginger, cleaned mussels and dry white wine. Cover and cook rapidly for 4–5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, coconut cream and cornflour mixture. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir well until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove and discard any unopened mussels before serving.
- Garnish with the fresh chillies and chopped coriander leaves and serve at once with some warm, crusty bread.