Digital ed Carina Claassens put together mood boards to help her decorate her new apartment, starting with the living room
I recently moved into a new flat, and have to furnish and decorate from scratch. With so many furniture and accessory options available in stores and online, it’s difficult to pin-point exactly what to buy. Creating mood boards made this process much easier and allowed me to experiment with mixing different styles so I could see what works and what doesn’t.
My main inspirations were these three images as they sum up my style quite well. I like clean lines but also love colour – so a mix between mid-century modern and ethnic is what I’m going for.
- Loft coffee table, R 1999, @home
- Leaning shelf, R1 499, @home
- Ombre basket, R159, @home
- Ceramic vase, R110, @home
- Kilim, from R12 995, Weylandts
- Couch, R5 995, Coricraft
- Eames chair, R1 950, Chair Crazy
- Wooden chair, R2 520, Chair Crazy
- Hollywood deco fan chair, R1 400, Mr Price Home
- Yellow ceramic stool, R1 350, Vintage Vista
- Scatter cushions, from R220, Zana
- Standing floor lamp, R3 499.95, Lighting Warehouse