Entertain the easy way with this sumptuous all-in-one meals.
120g caster sugar
30ml orange-flavoured liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
15ml finely grated orange zest
150ml orange juice
120g butter, cold and cubed
2 oranges, peeled and segmented
8 – 12 readymade* pancakes, defrosted
15ml brandy (optional)
ice cream or cream
- Heat the caster sugar, orange liqueur, salt, orange zest and juice in a wide pan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer and add the butter, one block at a time, whisking until it is incorporated, before adding more. Add the orange segments.
- Fold the pancakes into quarters and arrange in the pan, coating with the sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the pancakes are coated in the sauce.
- If using, heat the brandy in a metal ladle, flambé and pour over the orange mixture.
- Serve at once with ice cream or cream.
COOK’S NOTE* Using ready-made pancakes means that you can whip up a stylish dessert last-minute and with minimal fuss. Find pancakes in the freezer section of major supermarkets.