Potatoes can easily feature as the main ingredient in a variety of dishes. Here we share a few interesting recipes, from Potatoes South Africa
FOR THE POTATO:
- 600g floury potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2T olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, skin removed and roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup torn coriander leaves
- 1t cumin seeds
- ½t chilli flakes
- ¼t cinnamon powder
- 6 flour tortillas
- fresh tomato salsa
- grated mature cheese
1. Cook the potato in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, or until just tender, drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat; add the chorizo and sauté until golden brown.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a plate, leaving the oil in the pan. Add the potato and onion, sauté for 5 minutes, stir in the spices, chorizo and coriander and warm through.
4. Season to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper.
5. Serve spooned into tortillas with salsa, guacamole and grated cheese.
This recipe serves 6 people