Packed with bold flavours and colourful ingredients, these dishes certainly look as good as they taste. Best of all, they’re so simple to make
- 1 packet rice noodles
- 40ml sunflower or peanut oil
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- 500g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into long matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into long strips
- 100g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 100g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 5 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
For the sauce:
- 60ml ready-made satay (peanut) sauce
- 250ml coconut milk
- 5ml brown sugar
- 15ml lime juice
- 15ml fish sauce
- fresh coriander, chopped
- salted peanuts, crushed
1. Place the sauce ingredients in a pan and heat over a low heat.
2. Soak the rice noodles in hot water until softened, drain, set aside and keep warm.
3. Heat half the oil in a frying pan or wok over a moderate heat. Gently stir-fry the garlic, ginger and chilli for 2 minutes. Increase the heat and add the prawns, cook for 2–3 minutes and transfer to a plate.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and stir-fry the vegetables for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and stir in the sauce.
5. To serve: divide the noodles into serving dishes and top with the vegetable and prawn mixture. Garnish with fresh coriander and crushed salted peanuts.
This recipe serves 4.