This light risotto is zesty, fragrant and makes the perfect weeknight meal. It’s perfectly made using the Breville Multi Chef
- 2T olive oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 350g Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g green asparagus, spears cut off and stems sliced
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- Grated zest of 2 Lemons (2T)
- 2T finely chopped basil
- 3-4T butter (optional)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the Breville Multi Chef for 3 minutes on SEAR | SAUTE.
- Once hot, remove the lid and add the oil and heat for a further 2 minutes.
- Sauté the onion for about 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the risotto rice and stir to coat. Once it starts making crackling sounds, add the wine and stir until this is absorbed.
- Add the cut stems of the asparagus, the hot stock and stir. Press the START / CANCEL button. Press the RISOTTO setting and put the lid on.
- While that is cooking, pan fry the asparagus tips and thaw the peas if they are frozen. After 15 minutes add the peas, asparagus, lemon zest and basil to the risotto, give it a quick stir and put the lid back on.
- When it switches to the Warm setting (after a total time of around 20-30 minutes), remove the lid, stir through the optional additional butter and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
(This recipe serves 4-6 people)