- 1 free-range chicken
- 1 tomato, skin on
- 1 potato, unpeeled
- 1 whole butternut, peeledand chopped
- 2–3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2–3 leeks, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2l water
- 2 cups durum semolina pasta
- grated Parmesan
- large croutons, made from sliced, fried baguette
- fresh parsley
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pasta, in a slow cooker and cook on low for 12 hours.
- Remove all the solid ingredients by passing the broth through a sieve.
- Add the pasta and return to the heat for 12 minutes until the pasta is soft.
To serve: place a large crouton in each bowl and top with grated Parmesan and a sprinkle of parsley.