Last updated on 18 October 2016
Paul Maciel, co-owner of Pronto restaurant, Jo’burg, shares a delicious side dish recipe. See his other dishes in our June 2016 issue
- 600g fine green beans
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- zest of half lemon
- pinch dry red chilli
- 100g pine nuts
- Parmesan shavings
- Top and tail the beans. Blanch them for 5 minutes in salted boiling water. Remove and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil and the onion. Cook until the onions are tender and starting to brown,
- add the lemon peel, dry chilli, and pine nuts. Cook for 3 minutes before adding the green beans. Toss to
- coat and cook for 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve drizzled with lemon juice and loads of parmesan shavings.
This recipe serves 6 people