Food stylist Natalie Bell (082 575 4411) serves up English country food with spicy accents for a memorable winter lunch
- 60ml olive oil
- 20ml cumin seeds
- 10ml Maldon salt and a twist of pepper
- 1 medium butternut, peeled, sliced into crescents and seeds scooped out
- 1 bunch beetroot, scrubbed and cut into halves
- 6 brown pears, skins on, cut into quarters
- 200g Crottin goats’ cheese, sliced
- a large handful of fresh rocket
- extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix the oil, cumin seeds, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the prepared vegetables and pears. Mix thoroughly to coat well. Divide the vegetables between two roasting pans and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes–1 hour.
3. Just before serving, dot the pans with the goats’ cheese and cook until the cheese has softened slightly.
4. Arrange on plates, with plenty of fresh rocket and a generous sprinkling of extra-virgin olive oil.
This recipe serves 4 – 6.