Avocado is the magic ingredient in this refreshing drink
You’ll also love: Champagne iced tea cocktail
1½ shots (45ml) lime juice, plus extra for the rims
pinch salt, plus extra to rim glasses
½ avocado, flesh scooped and puréed
3 shots (90ml) tequila
2 shots (60ml) triple sec
1 small bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 cup ice cubes, plus extra for serving
1. Dip the rims of the glasses into the lime juice and then the salt to rim the edges.
2. Place the avocado, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, salt, chopped coriander leaves and a cup of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
3. Shake well until the avocado is completely blended and creamy.
4. Fill two tumblers with ice cubes and strain the cocktail over the top.
5. To serve, garnish with coriander sprigs and a lime slice.
Visit avocado.co.za for more recipes
The South African Avocado Growers’ Association www.avocado.co.za